The private sector is the backbone of industry, trade and commerce in the UAE and the Emirate state of Abu Dhabi. It makes a significant contribution to the country’s future through its trade and commerce activities. For this reason, it is adequate that the government cooperates with the private sector through consultation and mutual partnership. This way we can create a robust market structure that is capable of meeting the needs of the global economy, especially in business environments characterized by volatility.
About the Board Committees and their purpose:
The Abu Dhabi Chamber of Commerce and Industry (ADCCI) is aware of the vital role that specialized committees can play in serving the various economic sectors, which in turn contributes significantly to the development of the national economy. Today’s national economy is dominated by the private sector. Private sector activity is necessary to meet the requirements and needs of a fast-paced economic environment, within local, regional and international boundaries.
To achieve this purpose, the Board of Directors has fostered partnerships between the private sector and the government with the aim of socio-economic integration and progress in the Emirate.
With these goals in mind, several specialized committees have been formed to serve specific sectors. They evaluate the situation of the private sector on a continuous basis to confront issues and challenges, explore solutions, and recommend them to the concerned authorities. In addition, the committees conduct studies in relation to business matters with the goal of boosting the economic capacity of the private sector.
The committee members consist of the Board of Directors, businessmen and members of the Chamber and their employees working in a variety of sectors, in addition to members from various government agencies.
The purpose of establishing board committees, subcommittees and working groups:
- Strengthen links and communication between the Abu Dhabi Chamber of Commerce and Industry (ADCCI) and its members through the Chamber’s service provision provided by the Chamber facilitated by the committees.
- Identify issues Work towards the improvement of the private sector through the organization of annual forums, seminars and workshops. facing the private sector and make recommendations to the relevant authorities to advance their resolution.
- Work towards the improvement of the private sector through the organization of annual forums, seminars and workshops.
- Contribute to the development of legislation supporting the economy in the Emirate of Abu Dhabi.
- Strengthen the mutual partnership between the private sector and the government sector through the Chamber.
- Commission and conduction of research studies and reports with the objective of development of trade and industry and improvement of the business environment.
- Confront challenges that hinder full realization of the private sector’s potential within the Emirate’s economy.
- Enable the private sector to advance the realization of the economic vision of the Emirate.
I. Board Directors
II. Chairmen of Subcommittees and Working Groups