The Abu Dhabi Chamber of Commerce and Industry was established in 1969 by an Emiri decree issued by the late Sheikh Zayed bin Sultan Al Nahyan, in his capacity as the Ruler of the Emirate of Abu Dhabi. The Chamber was born out of the need to forge a unified body to support, promote, enhance and protect the business interests of enterprises in the Emirate of Abu Dhabi.
Since its establishment, the Chamber has established its position as the “Voice of the Private Sector” and a major platform to drive its growth, represent its interests, and enable it reach its full potential. The Chamber’s mandate is to identify the private sector’s current and future needs before passing them on to the regulatory authorities, promote networking to support the growth of businesses, and provide comprehensive digital services to meet the sector’s requirements.
The Chamber’s initiatives, programs, and events, which are recognised by the wise leadership and the business community as a whole, act as a medium of communication between the private sector and the UAE government, and, at the same time, bring business communities from around the world together. The Chamber receives large numbers of trade delegations, decision-makers, and representatives of global chambers of commerce every year, helping Abu Dhabi establish its position as a leader in different sectors, and a top destination for investment and doing business.
In line with the Abu Dhabi Chamber’s commitment to achieving the objectives of the Abu Dhabi Economic Vision 2030 and the UAE Vision 2071, the Chamber adopted a comprehensive and integrated strategy that adapts to the shifting global economic landscape and supports building a diversified knowledge-based economy in Abu Dhabi to position the Emirate among the world’s strongest economies. The strategy is focused on six main pillars; namely, being a Policy Advocator, a Networker, Service Provider, Educator & Trainer, Investment Catalyst and Incubator.
The Abu Dhabi Chamber also manages the Economic Collaboration Committee (ECC) in Abu Dhabi, which was formed to enhance dialogue between the government and the private sector, to support the growth of businesses, and enhance their contribution to driving the sustainable economic development. Additionally, the Chamber serves as a primary source of data and latest economic forecasts, providing companies with the required guidance to support them in their journey towards achieving their goals and contributing to the economic growth of the Emirate of Abu Dhabi.
In February 2023, the Abu Dhabi Chamber launched its new strategy for 2023-2025. The strategy is centred on adopting a forward-looking approach of taking the Chamber’s performance to the next level. The Chamber will keep on supporting the business community play its role in the sustainable economic development, drive the growth of the private sector, and enhance competitiveness.
The Chamber will be serving as the backbone of the private sector, helping it adopt to global economic changes by facilitating trade exchange, influencing policies, and driving digital transformation.
The new strategy focuses on six strategic objectives, which will position the Chamber as the:
- #1 advocator for the private sector’s needs and the main communication channel between the private sector and the Abu Dhabi government
- Leader of the primary private sectorial working groups in Abu Dhabi
- Go-to entity for identifying relevant business partners, locally and abroad
- #1 platform for ecosystem navigation
- Best-in-class and fully digital service provider for Abu Dhabi businesses
- Go-to entity for private sector data and insights
6 Main Pillars
As per its strategy, the Chamber plays six key roles: Being a Policy Advocator, a Networker, a Service Provider,
1- Policy advocator
The Abu Dhabi Chamber serves as the conduit between the private sector and government, to influence policies and decisions.
- Running sectorial working groups
- Providing Regulation Campaigns and Consultations
- Organising B2G conferences
- Providing Economic Insights
The Abu Dhabi Chamber plays a major role in strengthening trade relations on a local, regional and international levels.
- Organising B2B matchmaking events
- Organising focused events
- Receiving delegations
3- Service Provider
The Abu Dhabi Chamber ensures keeping up with the latest digital trends, to provide services that meet the aspirations of its members.
- Providing a one-stop-shop to facilitate doing business
- Offering best in class digital and targeted advisory services
- Providing documentation and certification services
4- Educator & Trainer
The Abu Dhabi Chamber ensures that the business community is thoroughly informed about all important updates and developments.
- Providing private sector insights
- Supporting businesses to understand and comply with complex regulations
- Providing the latest economic forecasts, industry insights and emerging trends in business
5- Investment Catalyst
The Abu Dhabi Chamber plays a pivotal role in boosting investment and trade relations, and attracting FDIs.
- Promoting Abu Dhabi’s modern, competitive, attractive, and stimulating business environment
- Supporting potential investors to enter the local market
- Helping local businesses expand into international markets
The Abu Dhabi Chamber supports the growth of new businesses and startups in the Emirate.
- Connecting businesses to incubators
- Providing mentorship programmes and workshops
- Promoting members’ services